Thursday, January 18, 2007

WOW!!!! Again!!!!

So all of that worrying about if The Swimmer felt the same way about the weekend was for nothing. Surprisingly, he opened up yesterday and today on IM without prodding from me. So, yeah, I'm not crazy and I didn't imagine anything over the weekend. I'm still in shock now it's not only shock because of how great the weekend went, but shock over these conversations.

He said that he wants to be with me and is willing to be patient about not seeing each other as often as we'd like as long as we're together. I couldn't believe that he was saying all of this stuff. He said that he can't stop thinking about me and is glad that I'm feeling the same way as he is. That feelings like these don't happen that often and he doesn't want to let this or me get away. That it would be worth it to him to try and see where things go. We agreed that long distance relationships are tough, but he said that it's worth it for the right person and he just wants to be with me. I told him how glad I was that he was being so open so that I didn't have to sit and analyze everything. He said that he wanted to let it out so that we could discuss it instead of speculating. I told him how that's not a typical guy thing to do and he agreed that it's not typical of guys and it's not typical of him, but he wanted to express to me how he feels. I told him that it makes me really happy that he feels comfortable enough with me to open up and that he took a big risk in doing so and it means a lot to me.

Why am I always so cautious? I can't even let myself be happy about all of the REALLY nice things he said for more than 15 minutes. I'm now worrying about what's next. . . How can this work? Long distance relationships rarely work. Does it help that we've been friends first for over 4 1/2 years? What do I do? I know I need to just take a little bit and enjoy how this feels right now, but I'm almost scared to because I'm scared of getting hurt. I just need to remember that when it comes down to it, it's worth the possibility of getting hurt to be in a relationship if it is a good one. I need to also slow down my thoughts and realize that he just left yesterday and that there are a ton of possibilities right now, so stop trying to predict what's going to happen and let things unfold how they are meant to be.

The Professional was very excited about the weekend's events and encouraged me to be open-minded about a long-distance relationship if that is where this leads. I told her my hesitation and fears about that but she reassured me that they can work and yeah, it takes work, but all relationships take some work.

I feel like this is all a dream. . .

No comments: