Saturday, January 20, 2007

So sweet

The Swimmer is the sweetest guy I think I've ever met. He is being so reassuring and cute about the long-distance aspect of this relationship (is this called that now?). After IMing for hours on Thursday, he wanted to call me on his drive home from work, just so he could hear my voice. When we were IMing yesterday, he said how nice it was to hear my voice, but also how it was difficult because he wants to be with me so much. We IMed for hours again yesterday, just about everyday things and of course about being together and how much we miss each other. What's funny is that all of this sappy stuff that would have normally made me feel a bit awkward in the past, actually feels REALLY good now and normal, not awkward at all. He keeps saying to me how he doesn't want to be with anyone else and can't stop thinking about me. If I were to continue to write, many of you would probably get sick from reading all of the sappiness, but it's really nice and comforting to hear it to me.

The Swimmer called me earlier just to talk. I must have looked like such a crazy lady at the supermarket because that was where I was when he called and I just had the biggest grin on my face from the moment I saw it was him calling until way after we got off the phone.

I don't know if it's because I'm in it, but for some reason, I feel like things could work between The Swimmer and I. The fact is, we've known each other for over four and a half years, we started out as friends and these feelings we're having were not planned. I know it sounds cheesy, but I'm sure I've said it before, things happen for a reason and at the time in your life when they are supposed to. I just know that he makes me feel incredible and I truly feel like I can trust him.

The next step in this and one which is important if this relationship (!!) is going to work, is talking about whether or not he could see himself moving here to be with me or if I could see myself moving to LA to be with him. I'm not quite sure how to bring this up, but I know that one of us has to and luckily, we've both agreed that being very open and honest is key to making this work. Luckily, we both feel very comfortable being open and honest with each other.

Later, Crazy Girl is coming over to hang out and then we're going to dinner with the Gay Neighbors and another neighbor. So it should be a fun and relaxing evening.

2 comments:

Cute Jewess said...

Glad to know he's treating you right! Do you think it might be too early for the "would we ever move near each other" talk? Just a thought, but I can understand wanting to know before you get in too deep, so to speak.

Single Girl said...

Yeah, I think I'm going to wait until our next visit to have that discussion. I'm pretty confident it will be an easy discussion, so I'm not really worried. And you're right, it's something to discuss before we get "in too deep."