Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Still smiling...

My weekend was definitely relaxing and not very event filled, but I'm happy about that. Saw "Catch and Release" on Friday night which was very cute and a total chick-flick, as expected. Saturday I didn't do much except meet up with Crazy Girl while she got her hair done and then we went and grabbed a small dinner. Saturday night I did absolutely nothing but sit on my couch. Sunday I lazed around until I felt uncomfortably unproductive and decided to do some cleaning up and laundry. So, all in all, a very uneventful weekend.

The Swimmer continues to amaze me. I can't even fully describe all of the ways he does, but he just does. I get a huge smile on my face when I think about him. This is unlike any other relationship I've been in, in a good way. I spoke with one of my best friends today and she told me how I sound so much more excited about The Swimmer than I ever was about The Idiot or any other guy. I just love how I feel so comfortable being totally open and honest with The Swimmer and he is the same. It feels really good. Really, really good. Not only do we IM for almost 4 hours everyday, but then he calls me every night and we talk for usually about an hour. So, if it's not obvious already, I'm really feeling fantastic.

My best friend from college called me today since she's trying to plan a business trip in my city and wants to hang out while she's here. It was pretty much through her that The Swimmer and I met. She still doesn't know about him and I and I'm not ready to tell her. She knows the old him, not the him that I know now. She asked me if I'm seeing anyone and at first I just told her I'm dating around, but I'm not good at lying or keeping things from close friends, so I finally told her that, yes, I am seeing someone, but that I'm not ready to go into detail with her because it's still new and I'm really happy and excited. I told her that this relationship is different than any other one I've been in and that I'm really happy and feeling good about it and that he treats me better than any other guy I've been with. I figure I'll tell her about the relationship without telling her who it is and then when I see her, I'll tell her who it is, that way she gets to know The Swimmer as he is now without any preconceived notion. Does that all make sense? I told The Swimmer all of this and his reply was that he stands with me no matter what I do. He's so sweet!

1 comment:

GatorGirlintheCity said...

Hello! I just found your blog and am enjoying it. I also wanted to drop some words of encouragement on the LDR (long distance relationship). My boyfriend and I were in an LDR for over a year. Yes it's hard but with the right person and a little work, it can be successful. We definitely had rough patches along the way, but we learned to talk stuff out, be honest, and trust each other. Let's just say that I spent a lot of time at the airport (I had a more flexible work schedule so I flew there more). I was living in chicago at the time and he lived in florida (in my hometown). We knew that for it to work in the long run, someone would have to move. I ended up moving back home a few months ago and it was the best thing I could have done. Anyway, not saying you have to move or anything! Just wanted you to know that an LDR can be very fulfilling and wonderful.