Tuesday, January 2, 2007

New Year's at home was wonderful. As always, I got teary-eyed at midnight which is always weird to me. I don't know why I always get choked up at that time, but I always do. Maybe it's the end of one year and the beginning of a new one that gets me. All of the possibilities? Don't know! It was quite relaxing, just me and the kitty on the couch. I did some online window shopping with my Mom for a bit and talked to one of my old friends who was also staying home for the night. So that was that and it felt great getting back to normal life today. I even mangaged to score a $260 pair of designer jeans for $25, quite a deal!!

No news on The Swimmer today, didn't IM with him today, I don't think he was at work today.

Started IMing with a guy from, of all places, MySpace today. We'd e-mailed a couple of times, but IMed today. We'll call him The Financer, since that's what his job entails. I like his sense of humor and "quickness." He asked me what my last name was and I wouldn't tell him since you don't know what kind of psycho he could be. He asked how we could figure out if the other person is a psycho and I told him I wasn't sure. He said he's met 2 people off of MySpace before and one turned out to be cool and the other, not so much. I'm not sure how awkward meeting someone from MySpace would be. I would assume it would be like meeting someone off of an online dating site. Maybe I'll give The Financer a shot and meet him in person or talk to him on the phone. I'm really not big into talking on the phone though. I just don't like talking on the phone with many people, really only with my Mom, my friend we'll call Crazy Girl and a couple of close friends who live in other cities. But I guess talking on the phone is the next step with The Financer. So, we'll see. I wonder if he's really 6 feet tall like it says on his profile. . .

No comments: