Thursday, December 7, 2006

Out to Space

First off, thank you to the rain king for helping me figure out the name of the group who sings the horrible song that I like and mentioned below! Now if I could only find out where to download it since it's not on iTunes. Grrrr....

So I thought I posted last night, but I guess in my state of tipsiness it did not post. I know that I posted (or tried to) how I wasn't sure if it was because of the martinis I had at dinner or not, but the thought of The Swimmer visiting isn't so scary anymore. I think it will be extremely fun and I will have a great time. If I need time alone, I will tell The Swimmer that I have to go run some errands or ask him to go out and get us lunch or something. I know if I were visiting someone, I would make sure that I gave them alone time and would need my own alone time too.

I saw The Professional today and she said she thinks him coming to visit is a good thing. I of course didn't tell her that our IMs have been so racy, only that they had been flirtatious. She just thinks that with our history of being friends, it's a good way to start back in the single world and you never know what might come of this. I told her that I'm so against long distance relationships, that they never work out and why start something long distance. She just said that it's common and they do work out, that sometimes the right person for you happens to live in another city. I'm still not fully convinced of that, but that's okay.

When I told my Mom today about The Swimmer coming to visit, of course she asked me a million questions about him (she only knew the basics since the summer I lived in LA and that him and I had kept in touch) and then surmised that it's not simply a booty call (her words! she's so funny!!) because why would someone fly across the US just to get a piece. (This was without me even asking) I don't know, but I think that's what he's doing, right? I keep telling him on IM how weird it is that things are the way they are now, how it's definitely not anything I had expected, but it's a nice surprise. We both agreed that things had changed when we saw each other in March since we were both like, "Woah! They got hot!" He said he's happy that things are the way they are, that we're just now doing this and didn't do this before. I think I'm still in shock.

Well, I'm a HUGE dork and have been watching the NASA channel since 8pm to watch the space shuttle lift-off which isn't even supposed to happen until 9:35pm, if it happens because the weather there doesn't seem to be cooperating. I don't know why, but I love this stuff, it's absolutely fascinating. I think it would be such an incredible experience, beyond words, to go into space on a space shuttle. I know that the astronauts go through a ton of training, but still, how do they not pee in their pants when it's actually happening?! There is no way that even after a ton of training, I would be able to get in a space shuttle and lift-off without peeing in my pants, screaming and passing out, all at the same time. It's gotta be the craziest ride of your life. What's funny is that when I watch shuttle launches, I feel like screaming when it's lifting off, I can almost imagine how it would feel if I were actually in the shuttle. When Anousheh Ansari went to the International Space Station in August or September (I can't remember), I read her Blog all the time and watched the NASA channel for hours. It was so fascinating to read, from a "regular" person's perspective, what it's like go to space, live in space and come back from space. Great reading if you're ever feeling so inclined! Anyways, off to watch the rest of this space shuttle business. I love being a nerd!!

No comments: