Sunday, March 16, 2008

WTH??

Okay, so just got back from my second date with the New Guy.

New Guy called today to see what I wanted to do when we hung out tonight. We chatted for about an hour about random stuff, as usual, and he made several comments about how he couldn't believe he had found a hot girl who's into the same stuff he's into. He also made a comment about how after his roommate moves out next month, I'll have to come over and play old-school Nintendo with him. (I had told him that I love playing old-school Nintendo.) Since the weather was gorgeous today, we decided to meet up at a cafe that has outdoor seating at 9pm.

So, I got there and we got to talking as usual. Yes, I still don't have much of a voice and now you can add a wonderful dry cough to the list of ailments. So, amongst the talking, there was a lot of coughing from me. The conversation was fantastic once again, no awkward silences, funny stories were told and we continued to learn more about each other. He's the type of guy who's very sincere- he's not going to ask you how you are just to ask you, he's going to ask you how you are if he really wants to know. I like that and can appreciate that. I'm like that too, and in my everyday working life in sales, it's rare. Anyways, at around 11pm, it was time to end the night since we both have to be up at a decent time to get to work. He asked if I wanted to get together again on Wednesday or Thursday to do something outside since the weather is going to be nice again and I told him I would love to.

Here is where the "what the hell?" from above comes in... Once again, he didn't kiss me. I don't get it! At least he hugged me this time. But still!! Is it because I'm still sick? If that's the case, tell me that! I know he's interested in me because he had already asked me out again for later in the week. I know he's not gay. Is he just moving REALLY slow? What do I do? What do I do if when we hang out again if he doesn't kiss me again? Do I say something? I'm not trying to sound conceited or anything, but I've never been in this situation before! I'm so confused!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ong, this is SO funny. it is TOTALLY b/c you are sick! i had a date with a great guy the other day, and he was telling me how he was so sick that week before, and he was still coughing on the date. And I was glad he was well enough to come out, but I was thinking how I was so not going to want to kiss him. But once he got better, I did. (and guess what, now i feel like i'm getting a cold).

Hacking is not an aphrodisiac darling. Get better, and he'll go for it. Trust.

Good things come to those who wait.

Samantha said...

it's totally because you are sick babe. don't even sweat it. ;) it sounds really good and like he's into you. just go with it! what's the party boy update?

GatorGirlintheCity said...

I agree. It is totally because of you being sick!! He is totally into you and would be smooching you if you weren't sick!

Anonymous said...

yes, agree w. above.
* tell him * when you are completely well, no residual cough or fever or sore throat or anything. announce it. THEN he'll close in....

the infertile turtle said...

Ditto...I'd be weirded out if a guy tried to kiss me while I was in the midst of hacking up a lung, y'know? So just hurry up and get better, and I'm sure the smooching will follow quickly...

Sarah said...

Remember he does everything deliberately, not because he's expected to.

Patience, grasshopper :P

Anonymous said...

Agree with everyone! Next time you see him, let him know that you're over your illness and totally not contagious anymore (which, btw, is totally true - coughs last for ages, but you're only contagious for the first few days).