Sunday, March 9, 2008

The bump was a pebble

Well, the little bump in the road about Partyboy was just a tiny pebble for me to drive over. Thursday night, I text messaged PB and asked what he was up to this weekend and he replied that he was swamped and what was I up to. I told him that I wasn't sure yet and wanted to see if he would like to go out for drinks some time. His reply was simply, "I can't." Mmmkay. What the hell is that? Not even, Sorry I can't? Just "I can't." No, "Maybe next week"? So, whatever, on to another. As Samantha said to me, "You tossed out a bone. He didn't bite this time. Oh well. Next puppy." Love it!

I went out both Friday night and last night. Don't know what's gotten into me lately, I've just been in the mood to be out. I guess after not really going out at all for the past year, I'm feeling the urge to be social again! I think I'll stick to just one night out a week though, last night I just wasn't feeling it as much as Friday night. But I think where we went out had something to do with it too, the place was packed and the guys were so skeezy. Last night before going out we went bowling which was so much fun, haven't done that since college.

Friday night, I went out with MJ to the laid-back bars near where I live. First, we went to a different area to meet up with some of her other friends who were watching a band at a bar, but MJ's license had expired a couple of weeks ago, so the guy at the door wouldn't let her in. Douchebag. So we went to the laid-back bars.

There, MJ and I were getting hit on by random guys, some that looked like they could be 19 years old, it was pretty funny. They couldn't understand why we weren't responding to their advances and at one point, one of them says to me, "So, just because I'm 3 years younger than you, I don't turn you on?" Poor thing. He just wasn't getting it. Then he proceeds to say, "What if I like older women?" What a dumb boy, now you just made me feel really old. MJ was really struggling when trying to deal with one of this guy's friends, so we made our escape. We ran into one of MJ's guy friends at another end of the bar and while MJ went to the bathroom, I went to the bar to get drinks.

Up at the bar, I met the guy who is now my date for Thursday night...

5 comments:

the infertile turtle said...

Thanks for your comment! I am catching up on your story...

"I can't"? That's so lame. But wow, go you on meeting all these guys! I hope things go well on Thursday.

Samantha said...

Ohhhhhh a new boy! Yay!! New puppy! :)

GatorGirlintheCity said...

Wahoo for flying right over than pebble! Good for you! Hope you have a great time on Thursday!

Single Girl said...

New puppies are fun!! More on him another time...

Anonymous said...

single girl, i 'tagged' you. see my newest post w. tag 'rules' at end.