Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Swooning

So I'm totally swooning over the New Guy. He called yesterday to see if I was interested in getting together later this week, "if your interest in this sailor hasn't sailed," he said. LOL! I was like, "Uh, NO! I'm definitely still interested!" We talked for about an hour about more random stuff. I told him about how I had heard the cheesy 80's song when I got in my car and I had started laughing. He then said, "I thought about you earlier, I was walking through the store and another 80's power song came on, I totally started laughing out loud and some lady near me gave me a look." He then started singing what song it was and I couldn't stop laughing because it was by the same band. Too funny.

He also told me that he almost text messaged me a funny line from 90210, but he wasn't sure if it would translate right onto text message, so he didn't. I assured him it would have, that I probably would have spit my water out if I had been drinking when I read it.

I told him that I went to the doctor and was told that the cause of my laryngitis was allergies. To further ease his mind, I told him that they even did a throat culture to rule out strep throat and other infections. So, hopefully the New Guy will finally kiss me next time we get together! He better be a good kisser!!

We decided we'd get together on Friday night, once he and his band are done in the studio, around 10pm. He suggested either going out to a bar or maybe just hanging out and watching a movie. So, we'll see! I told him to call me sometime on Friday so we could figure out what the plan is. When we were getting off the phone, he said, "Okay, so I'll call you Friday... You know, you could call me before then. I realized today that you've never called me, I've always called you." I laughed and said, "Awhh!" He continued, "I kind of feel like I'm chasing you." I said, "Oh! You're not chasing me!" He laughed, "I feel like I'm chasing you, it feels kind of lame." I just said, "Well, you're not, but don't worry, I'll be sure to call you." I thought that was very cute. Sigh.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Love it! I love that you guys crack each other up and laugh at the same things! I have a date Friday too with Sci Fi guy! Can't wait to swap stories with you over gchat this weekend.... :)

the infertile turtle said...

Aww! He sounds great. Just make sure you actually do call him now!