Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Allergies, Names and Partyboy

Okay, so I've calmed down with the whole still haven't been kissed by the New Guy situation. I agree with everyone and think it's because I sound like crap since I have no voice and I can't stop coughing. Good news is that I finally went to the doctor this morning and she said that it's from allergies and all of the pollen in the air, after a traumatic throat culture to rule out strep throat. She put me on two new allergy medications and gave me some cough medicine with codeine in it to take at night so I can finally get some sleep. She said to give the allergy medicine a few days to get to work on all of the inflammation and I should be better. So, let's all hope that she's right and I'm all better soon!! I need to find out if New Guy is a good kisser or not!

Speaking of New Guy, I only got one suggestion for a blog name for him, and that was Brandon, after Brandon Walsh on 90210. So, now, for everyone to vote on, there's Nerd Guy, Smart Guy and Brandon. Everyone?

Now for the Partyboy update... It seems that Partyboy did not intend on coming off as an ass the other week wen he replied to my invite to go out for drinks with a simple, "I can't." On Friday, I got a text message from him asking what I was up to. I was waiting a half hour before replying to him, but only 15 minutes went by and PB text messaged me again asking what I was up to. I replied back that I wasn't doing anything because I have laryngitis. He immediately texted back with, "Oh no. Can I get you anything?" I thanked him and told him that I had everything I needed. He told me to let him know if I needed anything, a lap dance included (LOL). Later on in the evening, PB text messaged me again asking if I was okay and to see what I was up to. I told him I was and that I was just relaxing and resting my voice.

Early Saturday morning, PB messaged me to make sure I was okay, we had had some pretty bad storms the night before and to also check and see how I was feeling. I told him that I made it through the storms just fine and I still had no voice, but that I was feeling just fine. Saturday evening, Partyboy again messaged me to make sure I knew that if I needed anything, to let him know and he would be more than happy to help. He told me that I need to hurry up and get better so I can be in "Swinging" shape for him. I told him I was trying to get better, but not for him. He asked for who? I told him for myself. I guess PB got a little jealous at the thought of SingleGirl with another guy! Then around midnight, he messaged me to try to come out. I told him that would certainly not be happening, another time!

Yesterday afternoon, Partyboy called to check on me and chat for a bit. Such an odd one that PB is!

So, that's the PB update! I truly don't think he meant to come off as a jerk with his harsh reply the other week. He obviously cares. Either that, or he's just trying to secure a piece of ass! Either way, the New Guy has taken over at the top of my list. Partyboy is certainly just a physical thing until I figure out what the situation is with the New Guy. After stopping at the grocery store today, I got in my car and the song on the radio was a cheesy 80's song the New Guy and I had talked about on our first date. It brought such a huge smile to my face. Don't worry, I didn't call him and tell him I heard the song, but it did make me really happy. I'm such a dork.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I'd call New Guy Slow to the Trigger, lol. Brandon's cute though!

the infertile turtle said...

I forget who it was, but one of the cool women whose blogs I read wrote something about how guys seem to know when they're about to be deleted from your phone, and that's when they turn the charm back on and hook you for a bit longer, only to disappear again once you're thoroughly re-interested. That's kind of what PartyBoy reminded me of...

Hahaha, "Slow to the Trigger." Could easily morph into "Trigger-Happy" if necessary!

Single Girl said...

midnite- That's why I'm keeping Partyboy close but still at a distance. Let him suffer for a bit.

Samantha & midnite - LMAO at the morphing of the name!! I'll take that one into consideration b/c of the room for change!