Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Need advice! A bump in the road...

Well, it seems like because of work stuff, I really won't be moving as soon as I had hoped. I'm really not thrilled about this. Until Monday, I had been under the impression that a position would open up for me within the next couple of months and I'd be outta here! But, nope, probably not going to happen. There's still a slight chance, but it's very slim, and it's more likely that something will open up in October. So, yes, I'm annoyed about that, but it's out of my control.

Okay, so here is where I need your help...

So, mainly because of friends like Crazy Girl, College Friend and MJ putting thoughts into my head, I'm wondering if I want something more than just a random hook-up thing with Partyboy. I can't figure out what it is that I want from PB. This obviously isn't a "booty call" type thing for me because I knew him before the hot make-out sessions started and there is obviously some sort of connection we have (obvious from him saying how he can completely be himself when he's around me, how much fun we have together, etc.). BUT, I don't want and am not ready for anything serious, but I think, key word being THINK, I would like us to hang out more. Here's the problem... When I hung out with PB for the first time a few Fridays ago, I got a text from a friend and PB asked if it was a booty call, I told him that, No, I don't have any of those YET. And I also told him earlier in the night that I'd be moving back to Florida in the next couple of months. That's probably not going to happen now. He had joked that I shouldn't move until at least August because that's when he'd be moving.

How do I figure out what I want? How do I figure out what he wants?

Some people say that it's obvious he likes me. Well, he hasn't exactly asked me out on a date. BUT, I did tell him when we first hung out that I was looking for a booty call. So I didn't exactly give him any sort of clue that I was interested because at the time I wasn't. BUT, later that night he asked if he could take me on a date. Yet, he still hasn't asked me on that date. Mixed messages? I think so.

I've had guys that were "booty calls" before and in those situations, we never hung out together at all during the course of the night. One of us would call the other at the end of the night to go to the other's place to hook-up. There was no hanging out, no going out, really no talking or getting to know the other person, it was pretty impersonal and kept strictly physical. Any talk was all small talk. In my mind, that's how a booty call should be.

PB and his band played a gig last night that I didn't go to see. Do I call or text PB today and ask how it went and suggest getting together some night? Should I just let things be and see what happens this weekend? Should I just let this be a hook-up and separate any feelings that arise?

So, advice? Help!

And let me just say, that I feel like a bit of an ass for feeling this way and sharing this with all of you. I don't know why, but I do. And my feelings on this could very well change, but right now, this is how I feel!

On a funny side note, PB's friend, James, added MJ as a friend on Facebook and then asked her out for drinks. She called me asking what to do because she had just gotten dumped a couple of weeks ago and is totally not ready and not interested in James as more than just a friend. She didn't want to be one of those girls who's saying, "I just broke up with my boyfriend and I'm not ready to date." So, I told her to just suggest going out together again in a group like last time, and he'll get the picture.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

In short, it simply sounds like you are curious to see if PB is more than a booty call.

Does that mean you full blown have to commit to the idea that you like him as more than a booty call? No. It just means you are curious. I say go out with him on a proper date and see how you feel. I think you will have your answers after you do that. You might go out alone with him and find that over dinner or movies or your normal "date" type things, when you aren't drunk and making out, that you just don't really like him as much and that you are more attracted to him when it's just physical (I've totally had it happen). Or you could find yourself having dinner with him and looking across the table and thinking, wow, I really like him and find him just as attractive when we are not hooking up.

My advice - text him, ask him out and see how it goes. You have nothing to lose. If nothing else, to silence the confusion in your head.

Anonymous said...

i agree with samantha, and she is way more coherent than i could be right now in my state of semi-exhaustion :).

Cara said...

I don't know if this is too late now, but my tip is that you should go for it and contact PB. Say whatever you want to say, but get to the root of your fears. Feel the fear, and do it anyway. That's the only way you are going to move on from all the doubts and worries.


I hope to read an update about it soon.

x

C