Sunday, February 25, 2007

Work and Stuff

I've had a somewhat relaxing weekend. Didn't do a whole lot except run a bunch of errands, but relaxed at night and stayed in like the old lady that I am. The Swimmer got the job he was interviewing for, so he was beyond excited. He kept repeating the same stories over and over again, but he was so excited I didn't have the heart to tell him he'd already told me the stories many times before. He realized it last night and apologized, but I told him no need to, he's excited and I think it's cute and at least he realized he had told me the stories many times, otherwise I would have been worried.

Tomorrow I leave for Dallas for a work meeting until Thursday evening. I'm not excited about the work meeting, but at least it'll make time fly by. I just hate having to sit in meetings in a small room all day, from 8am until 5pm, I'm not built for that! That's why I have the job I have, so I can start my day when I want and end it when I want. But we only have these meetings maybe three times a year, so I can't complain too much. There's just too much hype and chaos at the meetings and that's just not my style, I'm too laidback for all that commotion. I hope the food doesn't suck at this meeting as much as it has in the past. That's the worst, not only are you stuck in these meetings all day, but you're also hungry because the food was gross, so all you ate was a roll and a cookie for lunch. I bring granola bars and other snacks, but it doesn't make up for no real food. I guess that's all you can expect when the hotel is feeding 1500 people. Oh well, I'm a food snob and I can't help it!

Besides that, not much else going on, my Mom has been out of the country visiting relatives since my aunt is very sick, so it's been weird not talking to her as much as usual. I'm used to speaking with my Mom at least twice a day for at least a half hour, so only talking to her for 5 minutes every other day or so sucks. She'll be back soon though, so it'll be back to normal in no time.

I'm excited for my visit to LA to see The Swimmer in less than 2 weeks. It'll be cool to see him in his own surroundings, see his apartment and his neighborhood. I still wish he was coming to visit me instead, but it's only fair and again, it'll be nice to see where he lives. It's just different than being in the comfort of your own home. Random question: Is anyone else as freaked out about going to the bathroom (#2) when your significant other is in the other room as I am? I'm always scared that that will gross a guy out or something even though everybody does it.

Anyways, gotta finish laundry and pack for my trip!

No comments: