Thursday, February 15, 2007

Almost here!

Despite a bad afternoon yesterday, I had a wonderful Valentine's Day for the first time ever! The bad afternoon was my manager's fault- he wasn't supposed to work with me today, only yesterday, but yesterday afternoon, he told me he was also going to work with me today because the rep he was supposed to work with had a family emergency. Not to go into too much detail, but that wasn't what made it so bad, it was that when I told him that it would be my sixth day of having someone working with me, he laughed. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but of all of the people working for my manager, I have the best numbers, so in my opinion, I should be left alone. When he laughed, it set me off. There is one thing that will ignite the fury in me and that is when I feel like I'm not being taken seriously. It all stems from my parent's divorce. My father would never take me seriously when I would try to talk to him, he'd always tell me that I was too young to know anything or someone was putting ideas in my head or something, even though I sure as hell knew what I was talking about and no one was putting any ideas in my head. So even now, when I feel like I'm not being taken seriously when I am being very serious, I get very upset.

The Swimmer was wonderful with calming me down and making me feel better though. When I woke up yesterday morning and checked my e-mail, I had an e-card from The Swimmer waiting for me. It was a very sweet Valentine's card that put a humongous smile on my face. Then, last night, he told me that he feels like "we are really meant to be together." He's just amazing, I can't say it enough. When we were IMing today, I told him that my Mom might be at my airport at the same time he is on Saturday and he volunteered to meet my Mom. I thought that was really cute, but a) my Mom doesn't have a long layover at my airport and b) I think it might be too soon for him to meet my Mom and I'd rather it didn't happen in an airport coffee shop, you know? Plus I'm sure The Swimmer would much rather get back to my place as soon as possible once he lands! I just can't believe that he's going to be here so soon, it almost seems surreal. It feels like I haven't seen him in months, but it's only been one month since I saw him. I just can't wait to be in his arms again!

Anyways, tomorrow after a quick day of work, Crazy Girl and I are going to the mall so that I can see if I want to buy a pair of shoes I found online that are obscenely cute, I think I must have them. I've been trying to be really good about not spending and I haven't bought a new pair of shoes since November and for me, that's a long time as I am obsessed with shoes - the higher the heel, the better!

What will soon be my new pair of shoes, I think: In black with the red peep!

No comments: