Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Get it together!

I've finally calmed down enough from dropping The Swimmer off at the airport to be able to write. We had another phenomenal weekend together. I picked him up from the airport at 3:30pm on Saturday and we came straight back to my place. He took a quick shower and we snuggled in bed until 7pm. It just felt amazing. We went out to dinner at our favorite sushi restaurant and then came back and relaxed for a bit. On Sunday, we went and saw "Breach" which was pretty good, he wanted to go to the movies with me for some reason! We got lunch and then came back to my place, ate, took a nap and then watched my favorite movie, "Back to the Future" together. After that we went to the bar behind my building for dinner and then came back and watched some basketball. I was dozing off on the couch and woke up and told him how sleepy I was getting. He then told me he had a surprise for me and that I needed to stay on the couch with my eyes and ears covered. After a few minutes, The Swimmer came and got me and led me to my bedroom. It looked normal, but then, he opened my bathroom door and I saw my surprise. All around my bathtub, there were candles and rose petals and a bubble bath set up for me. My knees almost gave out from under me I was so surprised and happy. I have never had a boyfriend do anything so sweet for me and The Swimmer couldn't believe that he had done it himself as he had never wanted to do anything like that for anyone before. We then took a long bath together while I continued to have the permanent grin I had on my face since I picked him up from the airport. Yesterday, we bummed around most of the day and went to the grocery store so I could shop for dinner, which I was cooking for him, including homemade apple pie for dessert. After eating dinner, he watched my favorite TV show, "Prison Break," with me, ate apple pie and then watched our guilty pleasure, "The Hills." We had the best night's sleep last night, it was amazing, I don't think I've ever slept that well with a guy in my bed before. Today we just lazed around, went back to the sushi restaurant for lunch and relaxed together before grabbing a quick dinner and then going to the airport.

All I could say to myself since I woke up this morning was, "Get it together!" I've been on the verge of tears for most of the day even though The Swimmer and I bought my plane ticket to visit him in LA in just two and a half weeks. I'm finding that's the hardest part of being in a long distance relationship - spending so much time with the person and then having to be without that person for weeks. It does help that we talk so much and that we already know when we're going to see each other again, but it's just hard to get used to having someone around all the time and then have to take them to the airport. I'm just really falling for The Swimmer, he continues to surprise me and make me fall for him more and more. He's just so sweet, caring, smart, funny, sensitive and he makes me feel so safe, happy and cared for. I told him I wish he lived here and he told me that he wished I lived in LA. I told him that we'll see how things go and then take it from there and that I'm open to change. If only I were rich, I would move out to LA right away. Unfortunately, I am not rich, so like he and I discussed, one step at a time.

Does the leaving the airport part get any easier? How can I not be on the verge of tears the whole last day, even though we know we're going to see each other again soon? It was even hard walking through my door into my place knowing he wasn't with me or there waiting for me. He already text messaged me saying that he misses me already. Right before we left for the airport, he grabbed me, hugged me and told me how much he's going to miss hugging me, sleeping with me and waking up next to me. I had to stop him and tell him that he was going to make me cry, even though I already had tears streaming down my cheeks because I was feeling the same way. It was just an amazing feeling falling asleep next to him and waking up next to him, I never want that to stop. I start crying just thinking about it now, how am I going to be on a plane leaving LA after I visit him? Don't get me wrong, these aren't only tears of sadness, they're also tears of happiness because I feel like the luckiest girl in the world since I found the greatest guy.

Edit: Funny thing happened. I remembered to un-bookmark my blog for The Swimmer's visit, yet I did not remember to sign myself out of e-mail, so he saw that the e-mail address I use for this blog starts with SingleGirl and he was like, "Single, huh?" I quickly told him that this e-mail address was from before him and I became an item and that quelled it, but it was still funny and I used it to tease him with, "Somebody wants to be my boyfriend!" To which he replied that he already is and we're definitely exclusive and I said, "I know! Yay!"

1 comment:

GatorGirlintheCity said...

This is totally normal in an LDR. I find that it helped if I kept busy when I got back after leaving my man. Whether I was meeting a friend for drinks or cleaning the hell out of my apartment, it helped me from spending the night crying. I'm glad you are booking the next trip before you separate as I'm telling you -- it sucks when you don't know the next time you will see one another. one day, you will be with each other in the same city, happy as clams :) If my man and I could make it a year in an LDR, so can you and the Swimmer!! Best of luck!!