Thursday, February 22, 2007

Zaps!

Poor Swimmer, he's going through a really stressfull time right now and it's giving him mini anxiety attacks that are really bumming him out. It's cute though, when he talks to me about it, he's always like, "It doesn't bother you that I talk to you about this stuff, right? You don't think less of me?" I always reassure him that it definitely doesn't bother me, it only makes me like him more for being so open and not afraid to show his weaknesses.

So The Swimmer and I are IMing now and he said that he misses me and hates being alone now, knowing that I'm all the way across the country. I reminded him of what I said when he was here, that I'm not really tied to my city that much, so we'll see how things go and that there has to be an endpoint to the long distance part of our relationship. He agreed and said that he had been thinking about it and that he doesn't want it to be more than a year. That he has a lot of things he wants to do, like buy a condo and start thinking about grad school and that he wants me to be a part of that. Can I just say it? Awhhhh!! I'm so glad that he and I are on the same page on this and he's been thinking the same thing I have.

On another, yet somewhat related topic, I am definitely getting a dreaded UTI. They are no fun at all, but I definitely got it having fun! If you've never gotten a UTI, you're lucky. They really suck, especially if it's a bad one. So, first thing tomorrow, I'm going to call my doctor and ask for a prescription for some antibiotics, which I hate taking, but I'd rather take them than have a UTI. I hate antibiotics because they sometimes irritate my stomach and I'm also paranoid about taking antibiotics and developing some antibiotic-resistant infection. At least I'm pretty sure she'll prescribe Levaquin which usually doesn't irritate my stomach too much. I know, I know too much for my own good, that's what happens when you're a medical nerd!

No comments: