Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Friends

My Friday night out with MJ and her friends was definitely eventful to say the least. MJ had been drinking since 5pm, so by the time I met up with her and her friends at 11pm, she was wasted. We made it over to a bar in the chill part of town and I found MJ's friend Abbie at the bar and got a drink. Abbie and I wandered around the bar and found the rest of the crew, but no MJ. We chatted for a few minutes before we finally saw MJ sitting at the bar, text messaging with tears rolling down her cheeks. Abbie and I go up to MJ and ask her what's wrong. She says she doesn't want to talk about it and just bursts into tears again. So I sit at a barstool next to her that a guy graciously offered up and Abbie stood in front of MJ to block her from the rest of the bar patrons. After collecting herself, we try to distract MJ by talking about random stuff, Abbie starts getting hit on by some random old dude. MJ tells me that she's crying because her ex-boyfriend was with them earlier (they have the same friends so they end up hanging out together a lot) and it upset her because they are so good together and she doesn't understand why it didn't work out between them. Now she feels pathetic because she's "that girl" who is crying in a bar. I tell her how she's feeling is perfectly normal so she doesn't need to be hard on herself. Some guy who was trying to be nice came up to us and asked MJ if she had been crying, bad move dude. MJ busts out with, "F--k you! That's so rude! You should never ask a girl that! F--k you!" I apologize to him and he goes and buys MJ a beer to apologize to her. MJ managed to keep it together the rest of the night and ended up having a great time. I resisted going to a certain seedy strip club/bar because I had to wake up early the next morning to fly to DC.

At some point during all of this, The New Guy and I were text messaging back and forth. He wanted to come meet up with me, but he couldn't drive. I told him I was ready to pounce on him, he enjoyed that a lot. He told me that he "would like me now." I enjoyed that. But, we ended up talking on the phone for about a half hour before I went to sleep and I told him I'd call him when I got back into town from DC.

The trip to DC was fun. Best College Friend loved her bridal shower, she had a fantastic time and was in awe of how nice it was. The Matron of Honor and I are really getting along, so that's a relief. I knew her in college, but she was a bit of a pain in the ass then. She was bratty and quite a prude. But she lives in NYC now and it's loosened her up and made her grow up. So, I'm relieved that since we're sharing duties as the Matron and Maid of Honor we are definitely getting along!

I was beyond exhausted when I got back from DC. I was ready to go to sleep at 7pm, but forced myself to stay awake until 11pm so I didn't wake up at 4am ready to go. The New Guy called before I even landed so I called him back and we chatted for a while about the weekend. He also told me how he had another erotic dream about me the night before. (This is the second one.) He told me how strange it is that he's having these dreams because he never has dreams like this! After talking about that for a bit, he told me how one of his bandmates is in town this week to work on finishing their record, so he's going to be busy, but he said he'd ditch his friend a night or two so that he could hang out with me.

Last night, The New Guy called to see what I was up to. I told him I was finally just sitting down to relax after a busy day. He told me they had finished in the studio early and him and a couple of his friends were going to shoot pool and wanted to see if I wanted to join them. Uh, yeah! So, wow, I'm meeting some friends. That's some big stuff right there. So while I still get nervous when I am going to see The New Guy, this time while I was getting ready to meet up with him AND his friends, I was literally shaking.

I got to the pool place and found The New Guy and his two friends. He was standing next to one of his friends who, upon seeing me, says to New Guy, "Nice!" (Yay for me!) We had a lot of fun shooting pool and drinking beer. The New Guy wasn't even afraid to be a little affectionate to me around his friends. At one point, we were both sitting on the pool table next to ours, but we had some distance between us. New Guy put his arm around me and pulled me closer to him and kept his arm around me. Yay! (I know, I'm a dork.)

One of his friends left early, which New Guy and his remaining friend (the one from out of town) were happy about. I guess they thought he weirded me out because he asked me a lot of questions when I first got there. I was like, "Whatever! I didn't really notice anything!" New Guy said to his friend, "She can handle herself well!"

Around 12:45am, it was time to leave. Unfortunately, out of town friend is staying with The New Guy, so I couldn't really get him to myself for a quick makeout session. Friend did say to me when we were leaving though, "You should definitely come hang out with us again this week! I'm in town until Saturday, so you should come out again!" I told him I would. After a hug and a kiss on the neck from The New Guy, I was off.

Before I even made it home, The New Guy called me to "keep me company on my drive home." He told me I looked really cute tonight. We talked for a half hour about random stuff - pool, dance and then his dream the other night. At one point, he says, "We should just get naked already!" I reminded him that I have my requirements and then he laughed and said how he was the one who said we should take it slow in the first place! I agreed and said that I thought it was a good idea though and I like how it's working. He agreed and said I had a point. After chatting for a bit more, it was time for bed.

So that's the big update for now! I'm surprised I met some of his friends. That's pretty cool. Or am I reading too much into that? What am I to make of him telling me he had erotic dreams about me? It doesn't bother me, I think it's hot! As long as he's into me more than in just a physical way. But if that were the case, I don't think I'd be meeting any friends, right? Okay, I need to chill!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Things sound great for you! Smooth sailing!

the infertile turtle said...

Sounds like things are going super-well! Yay! :)