Friday, April 4, 2008

Action-packed weekend

This should be a busy weekend. I'll be going out tonight with either MJ or Bra Girl and then early tomorrow morning, I'm flying to DC to throw a bridal shower for Best College Friend. I get back into town early Sunday afternoon and should be hanging out with The New Guy then.

Talked to the New Guy yesterday afternoon for a bit. He asked me out for Saturday night, but I told him I'd be out of town, so that wouldn't work. I had gone out for drinks with some work clients on Wednesday evening and told him how he was almost on the receiving end of a "Tipsy Text," but I spared him. He asked why I spared him and I told him I didn't want him to feel like a piece of meat because I didn't see him that way. He laughed and said that I can not see him as a piece of meat, but he wouldn't mind being treated like one every once in a while. LOL! He told me next time I should definitely "Tipsy Text" him, he would enjoy it.

Last night, I went and observed a tap dance class for adults (not of the X-rated sort) because I really miss taking dance classes. So, I'm going to do it! Can't wait to start classes again. Anyways, after getting home from that and then getting sucked into "Rock the Cradle" on MTV, I took a shower and was getting ready for bed. The New Guy text messages me asking if I'm still up. I replied back that I am. So he calls and we ended up talking on the phone for almost 2 hours.

It's crazy how long we can talk for and the conversation just flows. He's amazed at how I'm not like most girls in my viewpoints on things, but I assured him that I definitely have a girly side and I'm definitely a girl! He kept saying how he wishes I was at his place talking instead of over the phone. I should have said that I would drive over there, but I just wasn't thinking. Oh well. We talked about everything from movies to relationships to marriage to sex to psychology to music. I told him how the whole "taking things slow" thing is a challenge for me, but a good one. We talked about that for a bit and he said that sex always complicates things, so it's better to really get to know the other person and make sure you want to take on the possible complications. Finally, at 2:15am, it was time to get off the phone and go to sleep. I told him if I go out I would text him and let him know, otherwise I would call him when I get back into town on Sunday.

So that's all for now. This is going to be quite a hectic weekend, but that's good, especially since I've been having very low-key weekends for the past year!

1 comment:

Kennethwongsf said...

I assure you most men will take that as a compliment if they find out a cute girl thinks of them as a piece of meat. :-P