Saturday, April 19, 2008

Update...

New post below, but just text messaged TDH just to say that I hope he's feeling better (from his hangover). He called soon after and after small talk for a minute, told me he is at his mom's house. Then he told me he is going to be "out of commission" all week. I was like, "Uh okay." Then, he tells me that his father had a heart attack, not a huge one though, luckily. I told him I am so sorry to hear that. He said he didn't want me to take offense or anything if he can't hang out at all this week since he'll be dealing with family stuff, I'm like, "I totally understand, don't even worry about it!" His father is on business in Asia, so TDH's mom is flying out tomorrow to be with him. Once again, I told him how sorry I am to hear what happened and that if he needs anything, not to hesitate to call me. He told me he really appreciates that and that he'll call in a day or two.

Wow. That's quite a big thing to happen. I feel so awful for TDH. Even though it wasn't a major heart attack, it's still terrifying to have a parent be sick out of the country. There's nothing I can do for TDH but what I did and that's to let him know that I'm here for him if he needs me.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Terrifying. I hope his dad gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

i wonder how a week apart will affect your romance...well, i guess that's what you're wondering, too! i hope he stays in touch during that time. you seem to be handling all this extremely well.

Single Girl said...

mimi- Now you have me all worried!!

Anonymous said...

oh dear i did _not_ mean to get you worried!! i really like the sound of TDH. i was genuinely just wondering.
so far in yr relationship, and so far as i can tell from what you write, he sounds Very Thoughtful, so there's no cause for alarm that i can see. i bet he'll be in touch soon. truly, i have a good feeling about TDH.

Anonymous said...

sounds to me like the lies are strating already!

Single Girl said...

anonymous - Yeah, right. No lies with TDH, that's one thing he doesn't do.