Saturday, March 24, 2007

So glad it's the weekend!

I am really missing The Swimmer today. Don't know why, but I've been thinking about him all day today and really miss him and can't wait to be with him again. I think it's because it's "that time of the month," so I'm a little extra emotional. I just really wish he were here with me to cuddle up with and grope on. I really wish we lived in the same city and I know he wishes the same. I'm glad we get to see each other again in less than two weeks now, so that's exciting. Then just a couple weeks after I see him, I fly back out to see him again. I had more than enough frequent flier miles to get a free ticket and since those award seats are hard to come by, as soon as I found one, I got it and needless to say, The Swimmer was thrilled. What's even better about that flight, is that not only is it a free ticket, but on the red eye home, I will be sitting in first class, yay!

I did a whole lot of nothing today, which felt very nice. I woke up a bit late, but I guess I needed it, ate breakfast, watched tv, took a shower, sat on the couch and watched "The Skeleton Key" and more television. I did make it out though, one of my neighbors and I walked a few blocks to a new sushi restaurant to try it out. It was actually pretty good though not as good as my favorite sushi restaurant.

It did suck not eating sushi with The Swimmer. Since he's a guy, he can eat more than me which means between the two of us, we order 3 rolls, with me eating a total of one of those rolls, but I get to have a few pieces of each, I like variety. Since my neighbor isn't very adventurous when it comes to sushi though, I had to pick just one roll for me to eat, so no variety for me. The Swimmer is also my guinea pig when we eat sushi - we usually order a rainbow roll and if I can't tell what kind of fish is on a piece, he tries it first and knows if I'll like it or not. It's okay though, the sushi was still good and I had really been craving sushi today, so it satisfied my craving. I then came home, showered and tried something I got at Whole Foods the other day for dessert. I tried a "Purely Decadent" Soy ice cream bar. Soy vanilla ice cream dipped in dark chocolate. It was deee-licious. When I visited The Swimmer, he was on a Haagen Dazs ic cream bar kick. Since one of those things has over 20 grams of fat, I do not allow myself to eat them, so instead, I would just take a bite or two off of the one The Swimmer was eating just to satisfy my large sweet tooth. When I saw those ice cream bars at Whole Foods, I had to try them and I'm glad I did because instead of over 20 grams of fat, there's only 8 in one of them, much more acceptable to me!

I've been debating buying a Stress Eraser. It's basically a mini biofeedback machine that helps you relax and calm down. You're supposed to use it every night for 15 minutes before you go to sleep and you can also use it during a panic attack to help ease it and make it go away. The problem is, that is is $299. But, the good thing is that if I buy it directly from the company that makes it, I can pay over 5 months, no interest. Hmmm... I might have to consider that. It really could come in handy and I seem to remember The Professional mentioning it to me. I might call her on Monday to ask if it is what she mentioned a few months ago and if it will help me. Anyways, that's all for now, must get back to relaxing!

2 comments:

GatorGirlintheCity said...

Okay this is cheesy, but I used to keep one of my bf's shirt with me so I could sleep with it. It smelled like him and it was comforting when I really missed him.

Single Girl said...

I've actually thought about doing that! The Swimmer is lucky because the pillow I slept on when I was at his place, smells like me. The pillow he slept on when he was here doesn't smell like him anymore. What's sad is that he doesn't wear cologne, so there's no cologne smell to him, just his pheromones. I still might have to take one of his shirts though when I go to visit him in less than 2 weeks, yay!