Sunday, April 29, 2007

In Need of Relaxation. . .

So, it's Sunday night and I am ready for the weekend. I did not have a relaxing weekend at all. I had my brother from out of town come stay with me for the weekend to attend his childhood best friend's wedding. Got in Friday night and he went to the Bachelor Party. At 3am, he called to have me let him in my condo building. Then we got locked out of my condo. My spare key was inside. After hoping that the person in the building who has all of the master keys would have mine (he didn't), we called the locksmith. The locksmith finally got to my place at 5am and I did not get to sleep until 6am. Yesterday was a lot of running around and last night was just strange. Crazy Girl called me a billion (more like 15) times at 4am and since I had a migraine, I didn't pick up. Crazy Girl called another billion (again, more like 15) times at 6am and since my migraine still hadn't gone away, I didn't pick up. I finally gave in and took some migraine medicine in the hopes it would be gone by the time I had to wake up at 9am. So, after a less than stellar night's sleep, I woke up at 9am to wake my brother so he could get ready. Who gets married at 11:45am on a Sunday?!?!?!?! Strange, in my opinion. Anyways, the wedding was very boring since I really didn't know anyone and my brother was not thrilled about being there since he doesn't like the girl his friend was marrying. I finally found out why Crazy Girl had been calling frantically and it was stupid, so stupid it's not worth telling.

All I know is that I am sleeping in tomorrow morning in the hopes that it will make me feel better. Unfortunately, this is going to be a busy week at work, so I'm hoping that this weekend in LA will be very relaxing with The Swimmer. We will be going to Disneyland on Saturday which I have mixed emotions about. On one hand, it should be fun, I've never been to Disneyland (only Disney World) and I love the "classic" Disney rides. On the other hand, I'm nervous about the drive there. The Swimmer said it will take about an hour to get from LA to Disneyland. I just hope I don't have a panic attack. On top of that, one of his friends and his friend's girlfriend are coming. I think they will be taking a separate car, which helps, but it makes me a little uncomfortable because in the chance that I do have a panic attack, I don't want it to happen in front of them. Well, I just need to go and have fun and not worry about having a panic attack. Maybe I'll take a dramamine before the car ride to put my mind at ease. Hmmm... Anyone actually driven from LA to Disneyland that can tell me how long it takes?

3 comments:

Drama Queen said...

*yikes* I hope you were in your fancy PJs when you got locked out. . .

Single Girl said...

LOL Nope! Unfortunately I was in a tank top and very little shorts intended for sleeping in, not for people to actually see me wearing!

Drama Queen said...

ahh the joys of a long distance relationship. Comfy sleeping clothes during the week. . .