Sunday, April 22, 2007

Fourth time...

Ughhhh.... I have jury duty tomorrow. Oh joy. I was on standby status, meaning that I had to call today at 5pm to see if I was needed or not, so I thought that there was no way they'd need me. Just my luck, all jurors must report, was the message. Seriously? In my twenty-something years, this is my fourth jury summons. The first time was when I was in college and instead of excusing me from jury duty when I explained I was a full-time student, they postponed me and made me come serve when school was not in session. So then I had to go back a second time and actually serve. Luckily I didn't get picked to sit on a jury, but I was still stuck there from 8:30am until 5pm. The third time I was summonsed, I got out of it because I wasn't a resident of that county at the time. And so this is my fourth summons. What's funny is that just a few days before I received the summons, I was thinking about how I always get a jury summons about a year or so after I move. Sure enough, a few days later, I got my jury duty summons. It's ridiculous, people will live in the same county for years and years and never get a jury summons. Me, it only takes about a year before I get one. So crazy!

1 comment:

londongirl said...

Poor you. I've never had to do jury service and I'm over 30. Not sure whether that's because they think I'd be unsuitable or what - but I'm not complaining.

I hope it's not too boring.