Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Rant

Okay, I'm not one to really complain much, but I need to just take a few minutes to get some complaining out because I'm feeling sorry for myself...

Had my toe surgery on Tuesday which went well. Took a sick day from work yesterday so that I could be off my foot since I'm usually on my feet all day when working. I was beyond bored. I don't mind being home all day when it's by choice, but when I'm forced to be home all day, it's unbearable, know what I mean? Last night I had to do the first bandage change on my toe. That was gross. Usually for something like that in the past, I've had my Mom there to look first and tell me if it looks bad or not and just take care of it for me. This time though, I was all alone and I hated that. No one there to look at the wound first to reassure me or just hold my hand. Even though it wasn't totally horrible, just a bit gross, I still hated doing it and it made me want to cry for some reason.

My toe still hurts when I try to put weight on it when I walk on it and I definitely can't wear shoes with a heel, only flip-flops. If you knew me in real life, you'd know that I live in 4 inch heels, so only being able to wear flip-flops is torture. I get frustrated when I try to walk normally and it hurts, it just makes me want to cry. It's not the pain that makes me want to cry, but the frustration of being injured. I also really hate that I can't take dance classes for a week or two, it makes me feel really lazy. I love dancing, so this not being able to dance right now business really sucks.

Anyways, I hate ranting like this, but I just felt like I needed to get it out instead of just sitting here on my couch, feeling sorry for myself and wishing I were getting ready to go take some dance classes. And I know things could be WAY worse, I just hate feeling like I can't do things, it REALLY frustrates me. Grr...

3 comments:

the infertile turtle said...

awww...hugs to you! I broke my toe a few years back and had to do the flip-flop thing for several weeks, so I know where you're coming from. Hang in there! Just imagine how happy you'll be when you can wear cute shoes and not have to worry about ingrowns. :)

Sarah said...

I just finished reading this week that wearing those 4-inch heels cause ingrown toenails because you're carrying your weight on the balls of your feet, pushing your toenails forward. They said if you make sure the edges are trimmed and filed, it should prevent them. Just for future reference!

Single Girl said...

If only I could blame this on my addiction to heels!! Unfortunately it's hereditary - my Mom has had this surgery, as have all of my Aunts on my Mom's side. It was pretty much inevitable! My brother is also going to need to have it done too. Thank you for the advice though!!