Monday, June 9, 2008

Cue cheesy grin...

Well, once again my stressing out was for nothing, even though I only stressed out for a brief hour or two. I e-mailed TDH on Sunday morning a quick e-mail to say that I hope his flight to Asia wasn't too bad and just telling him about my day on Saturday and my plans for Sunday. When I got back from Crazy Girl's house later that evening, I already had a reply back from TDH! We've been writing back and forth since then, he's been telling me all about what he and his family are doing in Asia and asking about what I'm up to. He even asked if I want him to bring me back anything from the markets over there. Sigh... I told my Mom about TDH writing me and she said, "Wow, he's got the hots for you!" She's so funny. He just makes me squeal and grin like a crazy lady. In a good way, obviously!

So, that's the little update on TDH.

Tomorrow after working in the morning, I'm having some minor surgery on one of my toes. Since I used to dance so much growing up and I'm hereditarily (not a real word, I know!) prone to them, I tend to get ingrown nails on my right big toe. Not a very comfortable thing. So tomorrow, my podiatrist will use a laser to hopefully correct this problem. Won't be fun, but it will be better to do this then have to go into his office every 6 weeks to have him clip the nail a certain way so it doesn't grow into the skin. Gross, I know.

Anyways, I have a couple of books to read during what should be my brief recovery. One I've already started on - "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly." So far it's really good. I also have that new show on the Discovery channel saved in my DVR to watch - "When We Left Earth," about the early space missions. I should have plenty of stuff to occupy my time!

1 comment:

the infertile turtle said...

Glad things are still going so well!! And it's good that you have plans and will stay busy while TDH is out of town. I have heard *great* things about "Diving Bell," hope you enjoyed it.