Tuesday, January 22, 2008

For the ladies. . .

Okay, question for the ladies out there. . . If you're on birth control, what type are you on? Had my yearly visit with the Lady Doctor today and she wants me to switch birth control to one that is progestin only because of my migraines (they put me at increased risk for stroke, so estrogen isn't the best). I really don't want to switch since I've been on my current pill for about 9 years now and I don't have any side effects or anything, plus it keeps my skin nice and clear! All of the progestin only options are a bit scary to me - Depo Provera, Implanon, Mirena, progestin only pill. But then again, a stroke wouldn't be cool. So, your experiences?

Got the first shot of my Gardasil/HPV vaccine today too. Had that stupid commercial song going through my head the whole time, that was really annoying. "I wanna be one less, one less." Ugh. That shot stung like a son of a you-know-what though. I actually saw stars and I am not a wuss when it comes to shots, I don't flinch or anything usually, but that one really got me.

I'm so excited for "The Moment of Truth" tomorrow, looks like such a ridiculously crazy game show. Should be some good stuff!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Ugh, I had Depro Provera once and I HATED it. I gained like 10 pounds and I got my period for 3 months straight--the exact opposite of losing your period like they advertise.

Right now I'm on the patch, which has 60% more estrogen than the pill, so I can't help you there. :)

Samantha said...

I take Mircette. I think it's considered a low dose estrogen pill. I've been very happy with it. I've probably taken about 4-5 different pills over the years and this was the only one that did make me totally nauseous or throw up. FYI, almost all birth control pills help with your skin. There are only a couple that actually specifically did research on their specific brand so they can legitimately advertise that it helps with skin, but really most types do.

Anonymous said...

How was Moment of Truth? I heard such bad things about it! Glad to hear that the breakup went as smoothly as a breakup can go. Hope you're still doing well!

Single Girl said...

Moment of Truth was awesome!! I don't know why people are all pissed off about it. No one is forcing anyone to be on the show and it's the people's own fault for doing stupid crap that would get themselves in trouble and then going on a game show where they would admit to it. You know? I'm already looking forward to next week's episode!

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely have to check it out then! I think I found my next "alone" movie date - "Definitely, Maybe" :)

Anonymous said...

I have the nuva ring and absolutely LOVE it! 3wks in, 1wk out. No remembering pills and no quarterly visits for a shot.

I've done the depro and hated it too. Did the patch and was allergic to the adhesive.

Good luck!

Single Girl said...

"Definitely, Maybe" looks SO cute! I'll be seeing that one for sure!

Anonymous said...

I took Ortho-Norvum (sp?) 7-7-7 and it was great. No weight gain, less zits, bigger boobs. Good times all around. :-)

Sarah said...

P.S. I tagged you!