Friday, August 24, 2007

The Weekend is Finally Here!

So, I'm watching Back to the Future for the fourth time this week, I know, a little ridiculous. I just can't get enough of this movie! I always get excited when I see it's on and everytime I watch it, even though I've seen it a thousand times, I notice new little things.

I'm taking it easy this weekend, still tired from taking the red eye back from LA. I have to work a convention for a few hours tomorrow, so that sucks, but I really can't complain because that happens once or twice a year. After the convention thing I'm going to the mall to try to find a cute top to wear to my birthday dinner next weekend when The Swimmer is in town.

Also, maybe everyone can help me here, what do you all think of the whole skinny jeans in tall boots look? (When it's cold out obviously!) I like it on other people, but I've never tried it on me. I'm just not sure how it would look. I guess it comes back to what I was explaining to Crazy Girl earlier - "Once you were a fat girl, you're always a fat girl in your head." So, back when I was about 15, I put on a bunch of weight for no reason at all. I went from about a size 4 to a size 12/14. Then, when I was about 17, it just dropped off of me and I went down to a size 2. I have now leveled off at a small size 4 or a size 27 is those designer jeans like Seven or Citizens. I may be 5'4" and a small size 4 or in some cases a size 2, but in my head, I'm still a size 12/14. So, yes, I'm skinny by most standards, but sometimes it's hard for me to see it that way. Now, back to the whole skinny jeans in boots thing... I'm just not sure if I can pull that look off. I feel like it might make me look fat. So, tomorrow after the convention, I'm going to change into my skinny jeans and try on boots with them at Nordstroms before I buy a pair of boots that I can wear with them. I wonder if that trend will even be in this year, but I can still use a new pair of tall boots anyways.

The big birthday is on Tuesday, but the real celebration won't be until the weekend when The Swimmer is in town. Crazy Girl and I are going to go out to dinner on Tuesday though so that I won't be eating dinner alone on my birthday. We'll be having our own special "Lover's Dinner" as we're calling it, but it will be fun.

Off to bed. . .

Oh, and I'm not saying that a size 12 or 14 is fat. Just that a size 12/14 on me was definitely overweight and not healthy. And a size 2 or 4 on me is by no means Nicole Richie-like, definitely more Jessica Simpson like with my proportions, especially my ta-tas/jugs/girls/twins, whatever you want to call them, even though I got a reduction almost 2 years ago, they are still more than a handful, but they don't look like a 60 year old's boobs!

2 comments:

GatorGirlintheCity said...

It's all about the size where you feel comfortable!

Also IMO, I think the skinny jean and boot combo is definitely something you have to try on personally to see if it looks good on you. Like me, I'm a chubby girl and my legs are not made for that! But I like wearing the tall boots with skirts, which is more flattering to my shape. Although it never gets cold here so honestly, I don't think boots will be in my wardrobe much at all this season :). Honestly, the combo will probably look wonderful on you!!

Have fun shopping!!

Drama Queen said...

American sizes totally confuse me so I have no idea what's going on really. . .sorry.