Sunday, February 17, 2008

On a Roll?

So, I had quite the unexpected Friday night. Seems like Single Girl is suddenly VERY attractive to the menfolk. Got a call from a guy I shall nickname Partyboy, who used to be at Shabbat dinner at The Couple's house when I would go there for dinner. He and I always got along and would laugh hysterically through the whole dinner. He's a good-looking guy, but nothing ever happened because one of us was always in a relationship. Since The Couple moved to LA and now Tennessee, Partyboy and I hadn't seen each other in months and months, I can't even remember when. So, he wrote me a note on Facebook saying we should hang out and I gave him my number. He called me Friday night to invite me out with him and one of his friends. Being the old lady I am, I usually don't go out on Friday nights. I'm usually just too tired after the work week to get dressed up and go out somewhere noisy. But lately I've been feeling like I need to get out more, so I told Partyboy I would go out with him and his friend since they were going to a bar near me.

Around 11:30 I met up with PB and his friend. We sat at a table on the outside patio and it was just like it used to be. I was laughing hysterically, as was PB and his friend. I had only planned on going out for an hour, but before I knew it, it was 1:30am and PB was asking where we should go next. By this time, we had moved to a table inside the bar. I looked at my phone and PB had text message me, "You look really hot tonight." Well now, PB! I texted him back that he's looking pretty good himself. We decided to go to a very seedy club up the street that's known in town as the place that strippers go to retire. Before going there, I went to use the restroom. Partially to fan myself. Goes to show how long it's been for Single Girl. All I could think of was that scene in the first episode of "Lipstick Jungle" if any of you have seen that. WOW. PB had also gone to the restroom at the same time as me, so I wouldn't have been surprised if that happened and was secretly hoping it would. But it didn't. He was waiting for me in the hall when I came out of the restroom but didn't make a move. He drove to the seedy club with me in my car and had his friend follow us in his car. I thought for sure he would make a move then, but he didn't. Boys. He did ask me if he could take me on a date. I told him he could.

The seedy club was quite the sight. I got hit on by some guys there too, but I certainly was not about to be picked up in that place. We stayed there for about 40 minutes before deciding to call it a night. PB and his friend begged me to go out with them again soon, they had so much fun. I promised them I would, that I had a ton of fun. PB picked me up and twirled me around and I gave him a kiss on the cheek. As soon as I got home, they both text messaged me saying they had a great time, PB adding that he was still up if I wanted to hang out. I declined the offer telling him to call me another time if he wanted to hang out.

Partyboy text messaged me a few times yesterday just to see what I was up to and then called me at 11:30 to invite me out. I told him that I was way too tired after being kept out until 3am the night before and not sleeping very well. He was being persistent, but I was not going to budge, especially since I hadn't been feeling too well all day. He finally said okay. Then about 45 minutes later, PB calls again to try one more time to get me out. Still wasn't happening. Then he says, "I should have kissed you last night." My jaw dropped. Sorry, I know it's been a while since I've gotten butterflies, but that turned me on, I guess it's easier these days! But, it still wasn't going to get me to get out of bed. Plus I would have to shave my legs. I told him he should have kissed me, but he didn't, so he'll have to do that next time. We have plans to hang out Tuesday night, so we'll see what happens.

The Security Guy and I have also been messaging back and forth. He's such a sweet and funny guy. So we'll see what happens there.

I'm just not ready for anything too serious right now, so this is all exactly what I need.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I am LOVING PB! Better keep us posted on Tuesday's smooching!