Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Naked Men and Music

Had such a great weekend with Best College Friend (BCF) - it was so nice to see her and hang out, it almost felt like we were in college again. She got in on Saturday afternoon and after relaxing for a bit, we got ready for dinner and met up with Crazy Girl for fondue. We had a hilarious time at dinner and flirted with the very young waiter. To show how young he is, I give you this funny little story. Crazy Girl decides to order an alcoholic beverage to drink with dessert and before giving him her ID, we tell him how he just made her night by carding her and thank him for that. He then glances at her ID and gasps and says, "Woah!" We burst out laughing, she's only 28, and then ask how old he is. We then find out the poor kid was 20. No wonder he thinks 28 is old.

After dinner, we took BCF back to my place and tried to get her to change into a more revealing top to go out in. She thought we were just going out to a bar or a club, but little did she know we were taking her to the all male, naked strip club. BCF, being the very conservative girl that she is, had only brought sleeveless turtleneck or cowl neck tops to wear to go out in at night. Not something you would wear to a strip club. We tried to get her to wear one of my more revealing tops, but she just wouldn't have it and would only consent to wearing a less revealing tank top of mine. So, since it seemed like she was getting mad, we just let it be and set off. I pulled up to the strip club and when she saw we were there and not a regular dance club, she was so excited! It was hilarious! She was bouncing up and down in the seat and clapping her hands. Then she says, "You should have made me wear one of the slutty tops!" Too funny. After being inside for a while, we told her we were buying her a lap dance. She resisted until I told her that she would regret not getting one, just like she regretted not wearing a "sluttier" top. The stripper we chose for her came over and she tells him, "This is my first time, so be gentle!" Wrong thing to say! He gave her quite the dirty lap dance. It was hilarious! All in all, it was a fun night and some guy at the club gave me a shirt he got that said, "Got Dick?" on it. I gave it to BCF to give to her fiance. Heh heh.

Sunday we were exhausted. I guess we're just not used to being up until 3:30am anymore! So we went to the mall to go to the playground, aka, Sephora. Then we saw "27 Dresses," totally adorable. Can Katherine Heigl please be my friend? She seems so cool!

Monday we went to see our favorite band in concert. It was so amazing, I can't even begin to describe. We managed to talk our way into a radio station meet and greet with the band which was just beyond words. Finally got to talk about one of my favorite songs with the guy who wrote it. Crazy. The concert was fantastic, we had 9th row seats and then the band's security guy remembered me from another show and got us from our seats to stand at the front row. Insane.

BCF had a 7:30am flight to catch the next morning, so it was all over pretty quickly. But it was definitely a crazy fun weekend.

Otherwise, things have been pretty much the same for me as far as work and the guy situation. I think I am going to write up a profile and get on jdate. I haven't dated in almost 2 years, so why not start dating again just to get out there. I can correspond with guys in Florida as well as where I am and just see what happens. I will be sure to make it clear to any guys I meet where I'm at that I see any potential in that I plan on moving soon, that way there isn't any misleading.

I went out to lunch with a new friend today and had a great time. She actually gave me some great insight into the jdate scene where I'm at, so that was actually kind of funny. She's also good friends with a girl who was friends with the guy I dated before The Swimmer. Such a small world! She invited me to see some band with her and some friends tonight, but I had too much work stuff to catch up on and hadn't even eaten dinner when she was on her way to the venue, so it just wasn't going to work. I'm hanging out with her on Friday though, so it should be fun.

On a sad note, my tv is having some issues. Not my cable, but my actual tv. And it's only 2 years old. The repair guy can't even come out until next week, so I'm stuck with the volume too loud until then. And, yes, my remote has batteries, it's not that! So soon I'll have to make the decision - fix the tv or try to sell it for what I can get and buy a new one? How come my Mom has a 20 year old tv that works perfectly fine, but these new ones break so easily?!

3 comments:

GatorGirlintheCity said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!!! Lots of fun!

Can't wait to hear about the jdate experience :)

Have a great rest of the week!

Anonymous said...

what a fun weekend! and how cute was 27 dresses? so buying it when it comes out on dvd :)

Anonymous said...

nice to know that at 28 you can still have fun....! now, at 60, i'm having more fun & have more *possibilities* than at any other time in my life. and btw many of them come from jdate. jdate is a mixed bag -- very small, really -- but as they say, all you need is one. when your profile is new, you'll be very popular immediately. be picky and screen carefully to get the best ones. and good luck.
mimi