Thursday, October 25, 2007

Que sera, sera?

Everything is still pretty much the same around here, just going about my regular life and waiting for someone to buy my loft!! It's funny, my loft has only been on the market for less than a week, yet I'm frustrated that I've only had one showing so far. I need to be patient and remember that people usually look at houses during the weekend, so hopefully this weekend I'll have more showings. If not, I'll certainly be putting in a call to my realtor on Monday to see what we can do to get things moving.

In the meantime, I'm finding that because I have so little control in the situation, I am fixating on the few things I do have control over. One of them being where to live when I do move. That's actually fun! I've decided that I'll rent a condo or loft in whatever city I move to instead of renting an apartment. I've definitely found (and this is just from my personal experience so no one take any offense to what I'm about to say!) that people who rent apartments don't have as much respect for their surrounding environment and neighbors as people who own their own condo. When I've lived in an apartment, I've had to deal with noisy neighbors, dirty hallways, overflowing trash dumps, etc. Now that I've owned my own place, while there have been times when my neighbors have been noisy, it's definitely been rare and when I've said something, the offending neighbor apologizes profusely and immediately stops the noise. When that has happened in an apartment building, the noise often gets louder. So, again, that's just what I've experienced, but I'm taking that and learning from it and using it for the future!

Things with The Swimmer are pretty much the same. He's coming to visit in two weeks and he wants to plan a vacation together. I just want him to be open to visiting South Florida. Is that too much to ask?! Not going to go into that again though. Only time will tell! I just know that I love him and I want us to be together and if it's meant to be, everything will work out!

And can I just say how awesome tv shows have been lately?! Gossip Girl - AMAZING!! Prison Break - FANTASTIC!! America's Next Top Model - FABULOUS! Grey's Anatomy - STILL GREAT!! The Hills, The Bachelor, Dirty Sexy Money, Private Practice, etc. I could go on and on!! This year with tv is just too good, there are too many tv shows, my dvd is constantly recording something, it's crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the TV!

Even though I've almost always had apartments I think there is a no going back after living in a house or condo. I was extremely lucky to get such a great place and couldn't imagine moving now!

londongirl said...

I can't say I've had the same joy - the guy who lives upstairs from me owns his place too but is pretty inconsiderate, playing his TV so loud I can hear every word in my bedroom. But I wish you luck with your new place!!