Monday, July 9, 2007

Boring, I know

Well, since The Swimmer has been absolutely impossible to shop for a birthday present for, I'm going what I think is the boring route. He's getting a book I am positive he will like and he's getting a new cell phone. So boring, but he's one of those guys that has everything already. Has nice wallets, watches, clothes, an iPod, iPod accessories, etc. So, he gets a new cell phone. And damn it, he's going to like it! LOL

So I leave for LA tomorrow evening. I changed my flight from a 5:30pm flight to an 8:30pm flight for the sake of my sanity. Had a very weird thing happen yesterday health-wise, so I'm going to see my neurosurgeon and have an MRI tomorrow morning to make sure it's okay for me to travel. Nothing to worry about, but better safe than sorry, you know? I want to make sure I am able to fully enjoy my week of vacation in LA with The Swimmer.

It will be the first time The Swimmer and I will spend more than just Thursday night to Monday night together, so hopefully things will continue to go as smoothly as they usually do between us.

Here's a little question for everyone that my best college friend and I were discussing. . . Does the guy always have to say the "L" word first? What if he already shows it in his actions? I'm curious to see what those in the "blogosphere" have to say about this!

I'll be bringing my laptop with me on this trip, so if I don't get the chance to update before I leave tomorrow evening, there will be an update while I'm in LA. (I have given up on trying to use a portable DVD player to watch a movie on this flight. The volume never goes loud enough to cover the sound of the plane and I get pissed. So my trusty laptop is coming with!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No, a guy does not have to be the first one to say the "L" word. I've blurted it out in 3 of my long term relationships after being with the guys for a few months and we had both been showing it in our actions. After a few months of thinking "oh my god, I love him" in my head it just blurted out of my mouth. It was always reciprocated even after I said something to the effect of, "please don't say anything back, you don't have to, it was just for me to say to you." So my answer is no.

Sarah said...

I like the cell phone idea! It's a new gadget!

I'm hugely insecure, so I will never say it first. Also another part of me thinks that guys have so few chances to really romance a girl and why would I want to take that away from him?

I hope everything is okay. Let us know!

GatorGirlintheCity said...

I don't like to say it first, but I think it is personal preference. I don't think there is a "right" way.

Have a great vacay!

Drama Queen said...

Hope you got on ok and that BF loves his pressies.

I didn't say it first to BF. . .if only because I wanted him to say it when he meant it. . .rather than because I had said it to him.

By waiting for him to say it I was sure he meant it. And it made my head spin when I hear it. Still does.