Saturday, June 30, 2007

Suggestions?

Okay, I know I've been gone for a while, but I'm still too tired to give an update and I promise to do that tomorrow. But, I have a question for everyone:

The Swimmer's birthday is in a couple of weeks and I still have no clue what to get him. He has plenty of clothes, cologne, movies, music, etc. Can't find a good concert to get him tickets to and he already gets football and basketball tickets from work. Any ideas? This is impossible! I don't want to spend too much money, not more than $150, since we already spend so much money flying to see each other. Every gift I can think of, when I think if he got me a similar gift, I would be pissed. Example: I can think of a book he would like, but if he got me a book for my birthday, I'd be so pissed.

I'm already planning on decorating his room with birthday decorations while he's at work on his actual birthday, but I need to think of a gift. HELP!

6 comments:

GatorGirlintheCity said...

What are his hobbies? Does he play golf? For my man's bday this year, I took him to Edwin Watts the golf store and let him pick out a new driver and putter. It was like someone telling me to go into Coach and pick up 2 new purses. :)

Single Girl said...

I think his Mom is getting him golf clubs because he wants to start playing.

GatorGirlintheCity said...

Maybe golf lessons then? Other suggestions could be a new wallet; a leather valet where he can put his stuff like wallet, ipod, keys, change, etc. Remember though--men don't put the same anylatical thoughts when receiving gifts like us girls do. For example, if I got a book (even if it is one I want), I would be pissed that it wasn't a personal enough gift. If I got my man a book he wanted, he would say yay, i got a book I wanted.

WHat are his other hobbies or interests?

Single Girl said...

This man is so hard to shop for! He already has a nice wallet, a valet, etc! He is in need of a new cell phone because his isn't working well, but he hasn't bought one yet, he feels guilty about spending the money. So I'm thinking that if he doesn't buy a new one before I get to LA, that's what I'll get him. Not very original, but it is something he needs. I wish there was a way to personalize the phone I would get him, but there isn't.

As far as his hobbies and interests, it's what I listed above: movies, music and sports. He is into fantasty sports, so maybe I'll try to find something on that. He's so cute about his fantasy sports!

Drama Queen said...

I was going to say wallet. . . what about a watch?

Last bday I got Boyfriend one of those car racing days. . .where he got to take 5 sportscars round a race track all day. But I won't even tell you how much *that* cost.

And in the UK you can get Nokia phones engraved at the back. . .can you not do that?

GatorGirlintheCity said...

I think the cell phone is a good idea!