Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Confession. . .

Okay, so, here it goes, I'm going to confess something. . .

I want a Wii.

There, I said it. I know that I am in my mid-20s, so I shouldn't want to, but I want to buy a Nintendo Wii. It looks like it would be a ton of fun and something that I could quite possibly find myself playing at 3am in my underwear because I just can't stop. Here's the problem, unless I'm willing to pay the normal retail price, they are impossible to find. Yes, I have called 3 local Best Buys, 3 local Targets, the local Toys R Us and the only local Wal Mart and they are nowhere to be found. Toys R Us got some on Sunday, but sold out within an hour. Today, I called a local video game store and the guy told me they just got some in. He couldn't tell me how many, so I told him I was on my way. By the time I got there, just 10 minutes later, he was sold out. Craziness. He said that they are probably getting some in tomorrow, so I should call again tomorrow.

So, here's my plan. . . I have an oh-so-fun "women's doctor" appointment at 8:30am. The video game store opens at 10am and I plan on being there when it opens or shortly after. I will stand there until the shipment comes in at about 11am. If I do all of that waiting and there is no shipping, I will be pissed. That will be my one try and after that, I won't make another attempt to buy one until the shortage is over.

I know. I feel slightly ashamed that I will be going to those lengths to get a Wii. But just think of the hours of endless entertainment I could have not only alone, but with friends over! And, if I buy some wrist weights or use my exercise bands, I could get a great little workout playing the boxing game.

That's all about the Wii for now. . .

I'm off to LA next week to visit The Swimmer and I'm very excited about it. He wants me to meet his family and I feel good about it. I told him I'd be nervous, but he said I have no reason to worry, that they are going to love me. He also told me on the phone the other night that I'm his best friend. That was really sweet, I could feel myself blush and get a little jolt of adrenaline. He's so caring and open with me, it feels amazing. In addition to calling me on his lunch break, on his drive home from work and then before I go to sleep, he has started calling me on his drive in to work in the morning. He first did this yesterday and told me that he just wanted to hear my voice first thing in the morning and wishes I was there with him every morning and every evening. Sigh.....

Well, that's all for now, time for me to relax since I didn't finish work today until almost 9pm. . .

2 comments:

GatorGirlintheCity said...

No Shame here! We own a Wii and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Sarah Likes Green said...

i just stumbled across your blog randomly but i had a bit of a lol at this post cos i'm also in my mid-20's and also decided recently that I'd like a Wii because it does look like fun!

hope you get it for a good price.