Tuesday, May 15, 2007

That was easy!

Well, my day with Steadman (my manager) yesterday was very easy. We worked together in the morning and then shortly after lunch, he left me for the day to do some work he had to do before a manager's meeting he has tomorrow and Thursday. So, instead of working with me on Thursday, he worked with me today. Well, today he didn't meet up with me until about 12:30pm at a lunch and after the lunch, Steadman, Eyeliner (the girl I work with, obviously named that because she wears way too much eyeliner for day) and I sat down to discuss some difficult offices we work with. Once we finished that at 3pm, Steadman left to finish preparation for his meeting. So, it was a very easy time with Steadman this month, as opposed to previous months. He seems to understand a lot of the problems that some changes my company has made have created, so that made me feel better. I've also been thinking about taking some online classes and found out that my company will partially pay for them as long as they are relevant to my job. So, I will be looking into that further. I could stand to exercise my brain with actual knowledge rather than evaluating contestants on America's Next Top Model or The Bachelor. (By the way, I'm rooting for Natasha and Tessa, respectively)

Anyways, I'm very much looking forward to The Swimmer's visit next week. I spoke with my best friend from high school, the one who introduced me to The Swimmer 5 years ago, we'll call her Island Girl (for reasons I will not explain). She still doesn't know that The Swimmer and I are together or even anything remotely close to that. I've explained before why I haven't told her, basically because she doesn't know The Swimmer as he is now, only as he was 5 years ago, which is very different. 5 years ago, The Swimmer was immature, a slacker college student and a bit of a pothead. Now, The Swimmer is mature, ambitious, romantic, sweet and so caring. Island Girl knows that I am dating someone and has heard almost everything about him and how fabulously he treats me. I almost told her yesterday, but I've decided to wait another month. I would really like to tell her in person, but she lives in NYC. I'm hoping that within the next month, she'll be visiting me, which is why I'm waiting another month. I really just can't wait to see the look on her face when I tell her, she's going to be beyond shocked but I'm sure, very happy for me.

Well, time to exercise my brain by watching House....

No comments: