Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Should I or Shouldn't I?

So today I took some baby steps on JDate. I actually made a profile, haven't put a picture in yet, but that'll be the next baby step. My profile isn't visible yet either, again, another baby step. I'm still trying to decide if I should or shouldn't try JDate. For one, I don't know where to meet attractive, young, single Jewish guys in my city. I've gone to a twenty-something function at one of the temples, but alas, no single guys. The one Jewish couple I know are friends of The Idiot, so can't exactly ask them to set me up! So that's my reasoning for trying JDate. I don't even know if this is the right time of year to try that anyways, with the holidays coming up, there's just a lot going on for everyone. Am I just making up excuses?

How do you know if you're ready to date again after a breakup? If you subscribe to the whole "it takes half as long as the time you were together to get over the breakup" thing, then I'm a couple of weeks from that. I don't cry anymore when I think about The Idiot or things we used to do together, it's more, "I can't wait to find that with someone better and it'll be even better than that." I'm past the point of looking away when I drive by where we met, I can now actually look and not want to cry. Like I've said before, the thought of kissing someone besides The Idiot sounds pretty good. So, am I ready? Maybe I won't know until I actually go on a date with someone else.

No comments: