Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Seriously?!

Okay, so The Idiot has really lived up to his nickname today. First, a little bit of backstory. . . Right after the breakup, I got some disturbing health news. The Idiot found out a couple of weeks ago through this couple that we're both friends with. (He was friends with them first, but they really liked me, so even after the breakup they wanted to stay friends with me.) So anyways, he got upset and freaked out when he heard about what was going on with me and called and e-mailed me. After a couple of days, I called him back, told him matter-of-factly what was going on. He kept saying how he's here for me, blah blah blah. I told him that he doesn't get to play a role in my life anymore and that was his choice. That I have plenty of friends that are here for me to support me and whatever else I need. Basically, you're not my friend anymore and you're the last person on Earth that I would want to help me throuh this. So, last week, The Idiot e-mailed me again asking if I had gotten any news from the doctors and wishing me a Happy Turkey Day as he called it (are you 5 years old??). I wrote back with, "No news yet. Will let you know when I get news after my next Dr's appt. on Dec. 1." So, basically, don't e-mail me or call me, I'll let you know if I want.

After thinking last night about how nice it is to know he won't be e-mailing me and feeling like I'm really moving on, this morning, I check my e-mail to see he e-mailed me again. SERIOUSLY?!?!? Does he not understand?! I have told him eighty bajillion times that I will never be friends with him again and in several different ways. How is he not understanding this?! The e-mail was so nonchalant and like we hadn't broken up. Asking how my "Turkey Day" (again? really?) was and if I ate a lot of turkey and cranberry sauce. Asking what's doing? And wanting to know how things are going. Again, SERIOUSLY?!

And I thought he was such a smart guy. Apparently he might not be that smart after all. I just don't know what to think about this. Is he feeling like a huge a**hole and wanting me to reassure him that he's not? He will never get that from me. Is he trying to be friends with me after I've told him so many times that that will never happen?? I don't understand. Someone please help me understand this guy that I thought I knew so well!!

2 comments:

Cute Jewess said...

Good for you for standing your ground! Sounds like you're giving him just what he deserves. Best wishes for this tough time in your life, and of course hope the news is good.

acaligurl said...

oh my gawd he is going to cling now!! it seems like you are going thru a stessful health time right now and he needs to respect your wishes so that it doesn't add to your stress level. maybe he feels guilty and now thinks being there for you will make up for it. i hope things go well for you.