Monday, November 27, 2006

Hey there!

So here is my first go at a blog. I am a 20something single girl in the South who is just working and looking for Mr. Right. Like many, I analyze things too much, but am learning not to do that so much when dating after reading the fabulous "He's Just Not That Into You" book. If you haven't read it, you should, it really does make things a lot easier.

I recently got dumped about a month and a half ago. This breakup came out of nowhere. Just a few days before he bought me a little present for no reason and took me to dinner at his parent's friend's house. I'll have to brainstorm and come up with a good name for the ex. He basically had no reason for the breakup, I think he just has some really deluded ideas as to what makes a healthy relationship which is funny to me since all along I thought he had the healthy view just because his parents were still together. He thinks that because he didn't want to hang out with me 24/7 that we weren't meant to be. SERIOUSLY?! If you want to spend 24 hours a day with someone, that's a little scary. I've been there and done that in a relationship and it wasn't a good thing. We'd only been dating for four and a half months and since he didn't know if I was The One, he felt like we weren't meant to be. What an idiot. He kept saying over and over how I'm his best friend and he's come to rely on me, how he looks forward to talking to me everyday, I'm his sounding board, etc. The fact that he couldn't realize that that is what makes a healthy relationship is just baffling. That's what everyone wants in a relationship - to be with their best friend who is also their lover. Idiot. Maybe that should be his nickname, The Idiot.

It sucks to be back in the dating world again after being in what I thought was a great relationship, but oh well! After a month and a half, I feel like I might be ready to date again, which is nice since I thought this feeling would never come back. The thought of kissing another guy made me feel sick before, but now I'm feeling like that would be good again. As much as it sucks, all I could think when I was in the depths of the breakup was how I don't want to be one of those girls, and I have friends that are like this, who is in their late 20s and still not in a serious relationship and almost desperate to find their Mr. RIght. I hate that that has become such a "bad thing" in society - being almost 30 and still not married or with a significant other. It's amazing how maybe just a year ago, I was like, Oh no, I better get moving, I'm not getting any younger, time to find The One and start that next chapter in my life.

So I'm debating signing up for Jdate. I've tried Match.com before without much success - just a few okay dates, but nothing that great. I'm wondering if jdate will be the same or if the guys there will be looking more for a relationship than a hook up.

No comments: